super duper awesome post!
With intensive usage of media, campaigns are launched to achieve certain particular goals, usually in a political, social or commercial sense. Sometimes, a campaign represents an era, and some of its posters go on to become iconic representations that are even remembered after decades. One of the examples is the United States’ “I Want You For U.S. Army” poster in 1917.
Campaigns are meant to have a long term impact. However, human errors, wrong judgement or a lack of foresight during the introduction of campaigns can sometimes lead to failures or even disasters to the country. In 1958, the new China launched the Four Pests Campaign in a bid to eliminate rats, flies, mosquitoes and sparrows. The sparrows were targeted because they ate the farmers’ grain seeds. In a short time, millions of Chinese were mobilised for the campaign. Sparrows, as well as other birds, were shot, with their nests…
View original post 3,146 more words
As you may have heard, we’ve been running this little campaign to spread some awareness about Green Products in Singapore.
We’ve since closed the voting after running it for a month and a half, and we’re happy to present the top 10 (by order of merit):
- Sustainable Living Labs iBam 2 (36% votes)
- Third Wave Power mPOWERPAD (13% Votes)
- Madana Yoga Jute Natural Rubber Yoga Mat (7% Votes)
- Idocare Dishwashing Liquid (6% Votes)
- USB Cell AA Rechargeable Batteries (6% Votes)
- House Of Marley Redemption Song Earphones (6% Votes)
- Envizyme Green Tree Laundry Liquid (5% Votes)
- Star Bamboo Chopping Boards (5% Votes)
- Timberland Earthkeepers Rugged Original Leather 6″ Boot (4% Votes)
- Envirosax Organic Series – Reusable Hemp Tote bag (3% Votes)
Congrats to Sustainable Living Labs and the iBam 2 for grabbing a huge proportion of the votes.
And do check out all of these products (by clicking on their…
View original post 16 more words